[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.2 Multipart/mixed issues in Pipermail archives...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sat Jun 21 15:55:18 CEST 2003

Good Morning,

  I couldn't find a bug report on this nor did I find a solution in the
  archives, but I somtimes don't do proper searches. I did see
  references to similar issues on the developers list, but nothing with
  regards to the archives nor a solution.

  We are having problems with mailing lists that are not being properly
  stripped down to text content in the archives. When there is
  multipart/mixed, it doesn't pull the multipart/alternative sections
  into their appropriate text portions.

  For example, from content such as the following:

>From ...
[...]
[...]

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

------_=_NextPart_001_01C336A1.2C7564BC

Kevin has a pending checkin that addresses the minss/maxss issue.
=20
[...]
------_=_NextPart_001_01C336A1.2C7564BC

<HTML xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:v =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:x =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" xmlns:st1 =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"><HEAD><TITLE>Message</TITLE>=

[...]

  I only get the following:

[64bit-compiler-analysis] RE: vpr analysis
Syyyy Kyyyyy syyyk at yyy.com
Thu Jun 19 14:27:16 CDT 2003