[Mailman-Users] Logging question...

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Tue Jun 17 17:14:14 CEST 2003

Hey everyone.. running MM 2.1 on FreeBSD 4.8 with Postfix/AMaViS/SpamAssassin

I had a user ask me why an email she sent never got posted to a list she's
a proper member of.. so I went to investigate.. saw that yes, she indeed
posted a message, it hit my SMTP, went through SA/AMaViS and through to
Mailman, but it never went anywhere from there.

So.. I went to look at the Mailman logs... they're um.. well.. empty.

My guess is it is a perms thing... they're mostly owned by mailman:mailman
with perms of 644, except for subscribe which is owned by www:mailman
perms of 644

What are the proper permissions for the log files in /usr/local/mailman/logs?

Thank you! :)
Glenn
---
The original portions of this message are the copyright of the author
(c)1998-2002 Glenn E. Sieb.    ICQ UIN: 300395    IRC Nick: Rainbear
"All acts of Love and Pleasure are Her rituals"-Charge of the Goddess