[Mailman-Users] Re: security on an announce-only list

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 10:12:53 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 16:25, Paul H Byerly wrote:
>       I'm still trying to figure out how to put the password in the first
> line and not have it show up in the post.  What I am using is "Approved:
> password" .  Should it be something else?

You are sending messages as plain text aren't you?  If they are
multipart/alternative (ie text & html parts) there will be 2 sets of
message data that need the Approved: pseudo-header stripping, and if its
straight html then you may confuse the parser... other things that could
make it break would be strange character sets or encoding.

	Nigel.