[Mailman-Users] Re: security on an announce-only list

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Mon Jun 16 17:25:33 CEST 2003

Jeroen Valcke wrote:
>IMHO, the problem with the approve passwd is that anybody who knows (or
>guesses) the approve passwd can post to the list.

      I'm still trying to figure out how to put the password in the first
line and not have it show up in the post.  What I am using is "Approved:
password" .  Should it be something else?
      When I do it as a header it strips it, but that option is not
workable for some who need to be able to get posts through.

<>< Paul