[Mailman-Users] Mailman Novice

Josep L. Guallar-Esteve guallar at easternrad.com
Fri Jun 13 16:23:15 CEST 2003

On Friday 13 June 2003 05:47 am, Verma, Nitin (GECP, OTHER, 529706) wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Vitin,

> 1. Do I need root to install/build Mailman?

Under *nix, you either need to be root or have root-like access (sudo)

http://www.list.org/

> 3. what autoconf version do I need on the box?

...one that works?

autoconf-2.13 works for me (RedHat 7.3)

> 4. Do I need a web server also?

Yes, as it has web-based administration.

> 5. If yes, is Apache Httpd Server OK?

Yes.

> 6. Where should I download? SourceForge?

http://www.list.org/download.html

Maybe it's already included in your Linux distribution. Check it out.

> Regards,
> Nitin Verma

You can go ahead and read some documentation:

Mailman Documentation: http://www.list.org/docs.html

Regards,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve		Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
Systems and Network Administration  http://www.easternrad.com