[Mailman-Users] Re: Commercial provider for Mailman 2.1?

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Thu Jun 12 23:24:51 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 01:41:57PM -0700, Karen G. Schneider wrote:

> However, at present Dreamhost is using Mailman 2.0.13, and there
> are several must-have features I need for two large lists I manage
> (5,000 and 16,000 subscribers).  The last time I checked, they were
> testing 2.1 but hadn't migrated to it yet.
>
> Can anyone recommend a commercial provider offering Mailman 2.1?
> (Dreamhost, feel free to step in and be my knight in shining
> e-mail...)

We are definitely planning on upgrading, and it should be in the near
future. We were hoping to improve the virtual hosting aspect, but 2.1
wasn't as useful for this as we had hoped. There are still changes
we need to make to our backend, however, and we need to figure out
the most painless way to handle migration over to the new machine /
version.

I can say that this is currently being worked on, and while I can't
give you a specific ETA on when 2.1 will be fully working, it should
be fairly soon.  You can email support@ if you're interested in being
a candidate for early migration to 2.1 once it's setup.

Will (DreamHost)

--
"Since when is skepticism un-American?
Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same..."