[Mailman-Users] postfix no recipient

John Dell jdell at unr.edu
Wed Jun 11 23:14:10 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 11 June 2003 09:41 am, Rodney Richison wrote:
> Am about ready to do so. However, I've one or two more questions.
>
> 1. when I type in a python command as per docs for example % mailmanctl, it
> gives me "no such job" or something like that. But when I type in python
> mailmanctl it works.  Could this be a problem?

I don't know where the RPM puts mailmanctl, but source will put it in
/usr/local/mailman/bin (if you use the defaults).  This doesn't need to be in
any system path.  /etc/init.d/mailman references this file and uses it to
start/stop/restart mailman/qrunner, etc.

> BTW, I have now also tried the alias method rather than the
> postfix-to-mailman.py method and while the alias's are created etc, the
> mail just sits in the box. Mailman does not toss it.  ???

I don't know what the postfix-to-mailman.py method is?  Using a source
install, your mm_cfg.py should contain at least the following lines to make
postfix work with mailman:

MTA = 'Postfix'
DELIVERY_MODULE = 'SMTPDirect'