[Mailman-Users] V2.1 breaks virtual hosting?

Dave Lane dlane at ap.stmarys.ca
Fri Jun 6 19:54:30 CEST 2003

At 05:30 PM 6/4/2003 +0100, Richard Barrett wrote:

>Have you checked the smtp-failure log. If perchance the host_name
>attribute for a list is not DNS resolving then the MTA might be refusing
>to accept the outgoing traffic and you may find 553 response codes
>recorded in log entries in the $prefix/logs/smtp-failure log. This would
>also show up in post and smtp logs as well as your MTA's logs so you are
>not likely to have missed.

Richard,

Knowing about the logs helped immensely. Turned out that I neglected to
implement all of the various list addresses in the virtual domain (there
are a lot of em!), specifically listname-bounce and that was causing the
smtp server to complain since the sender of the e-mail, at least from
sendmail's perspective was listname-bounce. Anyway, problem solved - thanks
... Dave