[Mailman-Users] Problem posting to newsgroup - additional info

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Fri Jun 6 09:30:24 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 03:15:26PM -0700, Mark LaHaie wrote:
> Error when submitting more than one email at a time to the maillist -
> which has no subscribers - but is configured to post the email to the
> newsgroup.   Usually, one email gets posted, others get lost.

[...]

> Jun 05 14:17:01 2003 (40280) (ToUsenet) NNTP error for list
> "rays_general": 440 I/O Error - cannot get a temporay posting file

This is an error from your news server that Mailman is logging.
Any clues in the news server logs?  (Do you have some connection
limits or posting rate limiting in place on the news server?)