[Mailman-Users] Virus or Worm Protection?

Josep L. Guallar-Esteve guallar at easternrad.com
Thu Jun 5 13:20:16 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 04 June 2003 10:07 pm, Miles Abernathy wrote:
> Sorry for the newbie question, but is there any way to protect subscribers
> from virus- or worm-laden emails passing through Mailman 2.0.13 or newer?
>
> Thank you!

I know of virus scanners... that act on the MTA part, like RAV and others.
I've never heard of an anti-virus that works with the mailing software.

The system that I have includes mailman plus Postfix + RAV. It works pretty
well, as all emails to mailman go through Postfix+RAV. This catches any
undesired virus defined in RAV's knowledgebase.

Regards,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve		Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
Systems and Network Administration  http://www.easternrad.com