[Mailman-Users] does arch interpret mbox files or read them literally?

Adam Lipson adaml at jbase.com
Wed Jun 4 15:10:18 CEST 2003

Richards,

Thank you that is very interesting and well worth knowing.  So, if one has an mbox file not created by mailman that they wish to create an archive file they must strip out all encoding somehow and make it into a txt only version if I follow your posting correctly.  If this is the case then there are a few options as I see it for those of us that wish to convert an archive of historical emails from a previous list:

1) find some sort of parser that will scrub out the mime encoding
2) use an alternative program for the archives.  My guess is this is the best way to go and to use something like MHonArc that is designed for this and let the list server do a great job at being a list server and an archive management program do the archiving.

Please let me know if I did not get your message straight.

Regards,
Adam