[Mailman-Users] vanishing messages, v2.1.2

phil.clarke at idl-bt.com phil.clarke at idl-bt.com
Thu Jul 31 17:29:45 CEST 2003

Hi all,

An odd problem ... A hosting company provides me with Mailman 2.1.2 lists
and web admin tools.  I've created lists of about 5 subscribers and sent
messages to subscribers with no problems.

I then do a bulk load of about 40 addresses.  After this, if I create a
message and send it to the list it appears in the archives as expected, but
it *doesnt* arrive at the recipient addresses (and without shell access I
cant see where the messages stall). Once Ive attempted this, everyone's
bounce score is 1.0, but the administrators arent being emailed about the
bounces.

But if I "reply to" a message sent via the list before the bulk load, then
this new reply behaves correctly, ie it appears in the archive and *is* sent
to all recipients. Also if I post from an unsubscribed address and approve
the post as moderator, that post behaves correctly.

Any idea whats going on?  Why would the reply-to's and moderator posts make
it through but not the new posts?

thanks ... Phil