[Mailman-Users] Attachments Possible?

schuetzen chasm at texas.net
Thu Jul 31 00:31:23 CEST 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 23:56:43 +0200, you wrote:

>	If you want a single big red switch to "Do What I Want", then you
>had better define very precisely just what exactly it is that you
>want.  So far as I can tell, you haven't done that yet, and people
>have been trying to point you at the resources and methods that are
>available to do things that appear to be related to your question.

content filters will take care of mime stuff inside the message body. such as
the richtext code of a vcf or of a html tagged, quoted and inclosed in the
message.

what i want to delete is stuff which is ATTACHED to the body of the message, a
scond part of the message. it could be multipart or a part of the body. it is
more likely a movie, a picture, a sound bite, etc.  all of those should be
stripped.  it certainly happens in Y!G and we should be able to do it here.

again, the final test is - nothing which is not Plain Text, US-ASCII gets into
the elist.  That is the final test.  Anything which does not meet that "filter"
should be stripped, deleted or better - rejected to the sender with a fault
message.

thanks
chas