[Mailman-Users] Setup list to strip attachments?

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Fri Jul 25 14:42:50 CEST 2003

Chas,

I can't say what CPanel allows you to do or not do.  FAQ 3.10 is about
the Privacy Options admin web page.

What you want is available from the Content Filtering admin web page.
Hopefully CPanel allows you access to the same sort of thing.

Here is the intro text explaining how Content Filtering works:
"Policies concerning the content of list traffic.

Content filtering works like this: when a message is received by the
list and you have enabled content filtering, the individual attachments
are first compared to the filter types. If the attachment type matches
an entry in the filter types, it is discarded.

Then, if there are pass types defined, any attachment type that does not
match a pass type is also discarded. If there are no pass types defined,
this check is skipped.

After this initial filtering, any multipart attachments that are empty
are removed. If the outer message is left empty after this filtering,
then the whole message is discarded. Then, each multipart/alternative
section will be replaced by just the first alternative that is non-empty
after filtering.

Finally, any text/html parts that are left in the message may be
converted to text/plain if convert_html_to_plaintext is enabled and the
site is configured to allow these conversions."

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own