[Mailman-Users] Postfix and some mailman problems

Christian Schoepplein mail at schoeppi.net
Thu Jul 24 17:20:32 CEST 2003

Hello!

I have some problems with postfix and mailman and I don't know how to
solve them :-(.

I'm using a machine that responds on tow domains (dom1.de and dom2.de).
Postfix accepts mails for both domains without problems, messages to
schoeppi at dom1.de and schoeppi at dom2.de are delivered correctly to the user
schoeppi.

On the box the newest mailman is running. For lists under dom1.de every
thing is working fine. If I setup a list via the webinterface under
dom2.de the list is created, but I can't send mails to the listaddress or
the other aliases for the same list. Either I get no reaktion
from mailman or the mailserver (errormessage etc.) or postfix produces the
following error:

listenname at dom2.de
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<listenname at dom2.de>:
host mx.kundenserver.de [212.227.126.148]: 550 Unknown local part listenname
in <listenname at dom2.de>

What might be the reason for this behavior?

The list appears in mailman's alias-fileand the alias-database is build.
Also postfix can read this files..., for dom1.de everything is working
fine.

For default mailman uses dom1.de as hostnamepart for a list, when setting
up a new list in the interface under dom1.de or dom2.de. but is it
possible to use the hostnamepart dom1.de when accessing the webinterface
via

http://www.dom1.de/mailman/admin

or

http://dom1.de/mailman/admin

and dom2.de when accessing the interface via

http://www.dom2.de/mailman/admin

or

http://dom2.de/mailman/admin

Its also not so nice, that not all lists for dom2 are showen, when I
access the admininterface via

http://www.dom2.de/mailman/admin

or

http://dom2.de/mailman/admin

If I try the same for dom1, everything is OK..., all list for dom1.de are
shown for both URLs.

Maybe someone could give me some hints how to solve the problems above!!!

Best regards an thanks,
Schoeppi

--
Christian Schoepplein | Beste Rockband der Welt: http://www.lily-rockt.de