[Mailman-Users] Mailman + Htdig integration

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 02:58:11 CEST 2003

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 01:22 AM, Anar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you  Richard Barrett for your immediately answer.
> I have fixed this error.
>
> Now mailman working properly. But in Archive page no search forms.
> May i edit some html codes?

The htdig integration patch will not do anything until the USE_HTDIG
Mailman configuration variable is set to true in
$prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py

The other htdig related MM configuration variables also need to be
assigned in mm_cfg.py if the defaults set in Defaults.py do not match
your system' setup.

Do not forget to use mailmanctl restart after making these changes.

Once USE_HTDIG is on then the first message to each list for which
archiving is enabled will trigger:

1. the setup of the per-list htdig related setup for the list.

2. adding the search form to the list archive TOC page.

Even with the search form in place, the list will not be searchable
until the nightly_htdig cron job has been run to build the list's htdig
search databases. You can run this script from the command line to get
things started.

If things do not work out like this then get back to me.

Do check out the notes under the heading "htdig Permissions
Considerations" in INSTALL.htdig-mm as this can cause problems when
htdig's  rundig script is run for the first time.