[Mailman-Users] Mailman + Htdig

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 08:50:12 CEST 2003

On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 05:01 AM, Chinbaatar Anar wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to install mailman with htdig integration.
> And I patched mailman source by patches located in Source forge.
> But after installation an error occuired and I  can't create new list.
>
> Any help?
>
> Thank you,
> Anar.Ch

It looks as though you are running MM 2.1.2

> Enter the email of the person running the list: anar at micom.mng.net
> Initial mailman password:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/newlist", line 219, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/newlist", line 160, in main
>     mlist.Create(listname, owner_mail, pw)
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 450, in Create
>     self.InitVars(name, admin, crypted_password)
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 368, in InitVars
>     baseclass.InitVars(self)
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 116, in
> InitVars
>     }, mlist=self))
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 497, in maketext
>     return findtext(templatefile, dict=dict, raw=raw, lang=lang,
> mlist=mlist)[0]
> NameError: global name 'findtext' is not defined

Did you have any problems applying the tcache-2.1.2-0.3.patch patch
file?

Did the patch program output any warning when you applied that patch to
your MM build directory?

Can you confirm that line 384 of the file
/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py reads as follow patching of the
build directory and install:

def findtext(templatefile, dict=None, raw=False, lang=None, mlist=None):