[Mailman-Users] mass subscription

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Jul 22 23:15:45 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 05:03:34PM -0400, Rob Eckerson wrote:
> I want to mass subscribe people that I have on another list. I want to
> just send them an email with a link to subscribe( cutting out the
> confirmation email). These people have already opted in to receive
> email from me.

Since you've already got the list, simply do the following:
bin/list_members listname >listname.members
bin/add_members -r listname.members newlist

You've got the option on the add_members to have the welcome message go
out or not.  The members could easily unbsubscribe based on the welcome
message.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org