[Mailman-Users] Mailman/Sendmail

Mark Haney mhaney at polk.k12.nc.us
Tue Jul 22 15:35:46 CEST 2003

Jason K. Brandt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having problems getting mailman setup on a server using sendmail
> as the mail server.  This is a Redhat 9 machine, and is pretty much a
> default install, besides the fix for the bug from the default redhat
> install.  So mailman comes up and runs, I can setup lists, but when
> sending to the list nothing appears to happen.  Currently sendmail is
> listening on only the address for mail.rcctech.net, and I setup the
> mailing list on www.rcctech.net <http://www.rcctech.net/> , as well
> as mail.rcctech.net.  when running on mail.rcctech.net, I get an
> unknown user error, and on www.rcctech.net <http://www.rcctech.net/>
> nothing appears to happen at all.  Any ideas?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jason
>

> Jason K. Brandt
>
> Network Administrator/Consultant
>
> RCC Technologies
>
> Phone: 309-693-1985
>
> Fax: 309-693-3083

http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/mhaney%40polk.k12.n
c.us

Are you certain mailman was running?  I have basically the same setup as
you, and I could get to the admin page and setup lists, etc, but was
getting no mail delivered to my test user.  Turns out mailman wasn't
running and I couldn't get it to start.  I eventually scrapped (at 2
this morning) the RPM version and built it from source.  I've not tested
it yet, but I'm hoping to do so later today.