[Mailman-Users] keep users from turning off delivery

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jul 21 21:04:58 CEST 2003

How is this any different than an ordinary aliases list?

But seriously, if you want to use Mailman, you can tell it not to mail a
welcome message (this is what has the password in it). Then you can
disable the listinfo portion of the web so that they can't get the
password from the Web-portion, and you can simply route the
<listname>-request alias for the list to go to the admins.

Don't forget to setup the config of the list to *not* look for
administrative requests going to the list.

Good Luck