[Mailman-Users] virtualhost clarification

Bradley Glonka bradley at pistonbroke.com
Sat Jul 19 16:46:46 CEST 2003

Hi --

My mailman URL and from header are not consistent. I could us a bit of
help and clarification of the virtualhost config.

The issue:
I want emails to look as though they are coming from the virtual hosts
address (lists.domain.com).  However the from address says
From: list at realhostname.domain.com.

The body of the does message has the proper URLs
(https://lists.domain.com/)

Here is what I've done.
I've added the following to mm_cfg.py

OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = 1
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.domain.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.domain.com'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'

In my Defaults.py (I may have changed this from what was originally
there [shoot first aim later]

# If you don't need to change DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST in
your
# mm_cfg.py, then you're done; the default mapping is added
automatically.  If
# however you change either variable in your mm_cfg.py, then be sure to
also
# include the following:
#
#     add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
#
# because otherwise the default mappings won't be correct.
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

>From the INSTALL file:
    - Check the values for DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST in
      Defaults.py.  Make any necessary changes in the mm_cfg.py file.
      Note that if you change either of these two values, you'll want
      to add the following afterwards in the mm_cfg.py file:

Bradley Glonka <bradley at pistonbroke.com>