[Mailman-Users] Heavy load...

Georgatos Vaggelis vtb at noc.uoa.gr
Fri Jul 18 14:24:26 CEST 2003

Hello,
	although you don't give information about the system (OS etc),
the best  candidate, for the heavy load is the mailscanner - spamassasin
combo. I suspect that you are noticing this when the message is being
processed by these two ...

I suspect you have the classic two queue configuration for mailscanner
and that spamassasin is being invoked by the local mailer (Mlocal in
sendmail terms ...).

The best solution I can think of is "moving" up in the mail saga those
two checks, where your MTA has done already most of the required job.

I do not now mutch of postfix (yeah sendmail user/maniac here ...) but
you could try something like mimedefang or anything else that is
milterAPI equivalent for postfix ...

--
Georgatos Evaggelos

Network Operations Center
Department of Informatics
University of Athens

Panepistimioupolis, Illisia
157 84, Athens
Greece

Cantadas Fracas

Homem: Se eu pudesse te ver nua, eu morreria feliz.
Mulher: Se eu pudesse te ver nu, eu morreria de rir.