[Mailman-Users] Problem with User Options, Password retrieval Page

Abigail Marshall abigail at webfavor.com
Thu Jul 17 08:17:35 CEST 2003

OK, I've just installed 2.1.2

When testing, I ran into this problem.

If a nonsubscribed user enters an email into the "change
options" box and hits submit, a page comes up that offers
the option of getting a password reminder. Clicking on that
option results in a message that the password has been
emailed. There is NO error message indicating that the user
is not subscribed.

If I do the same thing on the mailman-users list page -
enter a fake or erroneous email address - the same page
comes up but with a big notation at the top:

Error: No such member: notreal at mistake.com

So my question is, why no such error message on the option
page for my lists?

This is important because sometimes users think they are
subscribed, or they are subscribed under a different email
address -- so they will log in, enter the wrong email, and
get a message that a password reminder is coming - and of
course it never comes, and then they get irritated and
complain to me.

Why is this happening and how do I fix it.  (I really wish
that if they enter an address that isn't subscribed they
would just get a page that has the error message without the
rest - that is "This email is not subscribed to ______
list.")  I don't see the point of having an options page
come up at all at this point.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Abigail