[Mailman-Users] Member posts perceived as non-members

Dhruba Bandopadhyay dhruba at codewordt.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 13:17:45 CEST 2003

Hello

Here is what I am running.

Mailman - 2.1.2 (from source with --mail-gid=nobody)
Postfix - 2.0.11
Operating system - Gentoo Linux (http://www.gentoo.org/)
Apache - 2.0.47

I am having the following problem.  A new list has been created and mass
subscriptions made.  The mod bits are set off for all members and the
setting to moderate member messages is set to off.

Whenever any subscribed member posts to the list from a subscribed address
Mailman perceives the message as coming from a non-member and lines it up
for moderator approval.

This is extremely frustrating and after two days of hacking and
configuring mailman this is the only issue left before it all works.  I'd
be very grateful for any help that you can offer.

Here is part of mailman log.

----
Jul 16 11:41:52 2003 (20590) Mailman post from dhruba at codewordt.co.uk
held,