[Mailman-Users] question about mailman...

John Chilton jecmail at fastmail.fm
Sun Jul 13 14:09:21 CEST 2003

Greetings,

Is it possible to use mailman with variables that will enable more personalization to a message.

For example, (Joe is the variable).
"Dear Joe,
Thank you Joe for the email.  Joe, we will answer your question as soon as possible.
Take care, Joe.
Regards"

I currently use a different mail program (listmailpro.com).  The database holds more information than mailman.  If mailman could add the user name to the database in addition to the email address, it would seem the variable option would be easier to do.

If the variable option is currently available using a persons first or last name, could you please point me to the reference so I can learn how to use mailman.

kind regards,
john

---end of message---