[Mailman-Users] Admin Mail/Bounce handling/aliases in 2.1.2

Chris Barnett cbarnett at uff.ufl.edu
Tue Jul 15 04:47:53 CEST 2003

Howdy.  I upgraded from 2.0.8 to 2.1.2 over the weekend.  For the most
part it was painless.

The only real problem I've run into is bounce handling & messages to the
listname-admin account.  Any mail to the listname-admin account on any
list ends up coming through to the listname-owner account as an
"Uncaught bounce notification"

What should I check to get the listname-admin address working again?  I
ran through the archives and I've seen the question posted before but no
answer.

Actually, I'd like to bypass the bounce handling system altogether and
have the messages delivered directly to the listname-admin account
(sorta like 2.0.8).  I see the option in the web interface to turn
bounce-handling off but it also discards the messages and that's not
what I'm looking for.  We manage our addresses externally so the
automatic bounce handling isn't buying me anything.

I'm running Redhat 7.2 with Sendmail if that helps.  Below's the aliases
for one of my test lists.  The behavior's the same on all of my lists.

## test02 mailing list
test02:              "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman post test02"
test02-admin:        "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman admin test02"
test02-bounces:      "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman bounces test02"
test02-confirm:      "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman confirm test02"
test02-join:         "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman join test02"
test02-leave:        "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman leave test02"
test02-owner:        "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman owner test02"
test02-request:      "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman request test02"
test02-subscribe:    "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe test02"
test02-unsubscribe:  "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe test02"

Thanks in advance,

Chris Barnett
Web Administrator
University of Florida Alumni Association
University of Florida Foundation, Inc.