[Mailman-Users] Problems with MIME types

Bruno.Gianardo at csi.it Bruno.Gianardo at csi.it
Wed Jul 9 15:45:58 CEST 2003

Hello.
I have installed the 2.1.2 release of Mailman, and I have to report some
minor trouble regarding MIME types interpretation.

Attachment with .doc or .pdf extensions don't get recognized correctly in
the Archive pages: instead, they are treated as "application/octet-stream"
(literally) files, and provided with .obj extension.
All other common filetypes are treated correctly.
I have to point out that the delivered messages contain the attachments in
their original, correct form, with the right extensions.

I checked the MIME types settings for Apache and Python, but they both
include pdf as well as doc, with the right associations.

Could you please help me out with this matter?

Thank you very much
Bruno Gianardo
Ing. Bruno GIANARDO
CSI Piemonte - Direzione Tecnologie