[Mailman-Users] So far, I'm very disappointed with Mailman

Heather J. Lubinsky heather at pcgal.com
Sat Jul 5 08:17:15 CEST 2003

I just wanted to say - once you get mailman set up and running - it should
not need any babysitting.
I have run Lsoft's Listserv, Majordormo, and about 10 different list servers
and this one - once you get the kinks from your system worked out is the
most flexible and the best.

I have also been thrilled with the help I have gotten on this list.  I
currently run an older version because the server I am on uses an older
version of python - but one of my friends runs the newer version and said
for the first few weeks she had to work like a dog getting the bugs out and
doing little fixes but with help from this list - she is now running like
me - no  worries.

And I am rather tough (at least I think so) on the list server:
(see my stats that a few members helped me create at
http://www.pcolist.org/report.html)
also with a bit of help and learning how to tweak things I have simplified
many things that used to take me a lot of time - we change headers and
footers a lot and that used to be a pain but using the same type of idea
that was given to me for the list statistics I was able to change all of the
list headers and footers by just editing a text file and then running a
command - 1 minute later everything is all set.

Our lists are mostly discussion lists and we have both fully moderated and
moderated only by email address lists and it makes it a snap.  I am the
sever admin and I spend maybe 1 hour a month researching addresses or a
wacky problem and the list admin who moderates and handles all list problems
says real list problems only take her 2-3 hours a month and the rest are our
user problems.

And our focus is dealing with women in crisis - most are not even computer
literate - so we really feel this list software is worth it - and it is
FREE!

Anyway - thanks for all those who have helped in the past and will help in
the future and for a great product that to a newbie linux user isn't all
that bad.

Heather Lubinsky
Director of Operations, PCOSA