[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Virtual Domains

Matt Thoene matt at remedyx.com
Wed Jul 2 18:13:46 CEST 2003

Hello everyone,

I have done an exhaustive search of the archives/google and did find a
few gems on virtual domains with mailman...but have only messed things
up even further. Hopefully, someone can assist. First, my setup...

Mandrake Linux 8.2
Postfix version 2.0.4
Mailman 2.1.2

I have many many virtual domains on this machine. I currently have
mailman running fine for just one of the domains, and would like to add
the service for one of the others, possibly more in the future. I have
read through the postfix.readme but I'm having trouble understanding all
of the various pieces needed. First question...is there a good HOWTO or
FAQ specifically for virtual domain support and Mailman? If not, can
someone help me with the following questions?

I have added to mm_cfg.py:

MTA = 'Postfix'
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['www.virtualdomain.tld','virtualdomain.tld']

I have added to main.cf:

virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
 hash:/var/www/html/mailman/data/virtual-mailman  <---added this line

In virtual-mailman:

info at virtualdomain.tld              info
info-admin at virtualdomain.tld        info-admin
info-bounces at virtualdomain.tld      info-bounces
info-confirm at virtualdomain.tld      info-confirm
info-join at virtualdomain.tld         info-join
info-leave at virtualdomain.tld        info-leave
info-owner at virtualdomain.tld        info-owner
info-request at virtualdomain.tld      info-request
info-subscribe at virtualdomain.tld    info-subscribe

In aliases:

info:             "|/var/www/html/mailman/mail/mailman post info"
info-admin:       "|/var/www/html/mailman/mail/mailman admin info"
info-bounces:     "|/var/www/html/mailman/mail/mailman bounces info"
info-confirm:     "|/var/www/html/mailman/mail/mailman confirm info"
info-join:        "|/var/www/html/mailman/mail/mailman join info"
info-leave:       "|/var/www/html/mailman/mail/mailman leave info"
info-owner:       "|/var/www/html/mailman/mail/mailman owner info"
info-request:     "|/var/www/html/mailman/mail/mailman request info"
info-subscribe:   "|/var/www/html/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe info"
info-unsubscribe: "|/var/www/html/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe info"

I have postmap'd and newaliased, bin/genaliased, and postfix reloaded.
Still doesn't work. Mail sent to "info at virtualdomain.tld" seems to just
ignore mailman and gets sent to the admin address of the list.

Does anybody see something I'm missing here?

--
Regards,
Matt