[Mailman-Users] Problem

John W. M. Stevens john at betelgeuse.us
Tue Jul 1 15:31:13 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 02:31:31PM +0200, Johannes Posel wrote:
> Dear David,
>
> Am 01.07.2003, um 06:47, gab David A. Cornelson zu Protokoll...
>
> > I have Mailman 2.1.2 installed on a Debian box. I run Exim and this was
> > working fine until a recent upgrade via Apt-Get.
>
> Exactly the same problem here. Any chance to fix it?

Well . . . I don't vouch for this solution, as I can't get Mailman
to work on my box yet (it seems to run just fine, but nothing gets
remailed through my test list yet . . . there seems to be some
configuration issue in regards to adding subscribers to a list, or
interacting with Exim) but if you change the instantiation call on
line 206 of Message.py to remove the extraneous parameter:

   self['Subject'] = Header(subject, charset, header_name='Subject')

I can get through running 'newlist mailman', and quite a bit of the
user interface with nothing breaking.

Seeing as that classes __init__ didn't have a formal parameter of
the given name anyway, no real information should be lost by this
change.

But, again, I'm not a Mailman developer . . . just a programmer
who knows Python.

John S.