[Mailman-Users] Error: Illegal list name: test at mail

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 30 15:47:39 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 16:29, Alfred wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 the command /var/mailman/bin/newlist
> can not create a new list,

So you installed Mailman v2.1 in /var/mailman instead of
/usr/local/mailman?

If the newlist command does not work then something is deeply wrong with
your install.  You will need to fix that before you can do anything
else.

How did you install/upgrade Mailman: via Source or via RPM (or apt
get...)?  What OS are you running on?

Have you completely read the UPGRADE document and followed it's
directions?  Have you read the INSTALL document and followed it's
directions?

Good Luck - Jon Carnes