[Mailman-Users] cgi-user / create.py

friedrich28 at gmx.de friedrich28 at gmx.de
Thu Jan 30 00:44:23 CET 2003

Hi there,

this may seem to you as a simple question, but I'd appreciate some help. I've run
mailman's configure-script with the option --with-cgi-gid=www and --with-mail-gid=-
2. Now when I'm trying to create a list via www with the create-script, I get the
error: RuntimeError: command failed: /sw/sbin/postalias
/Users/mailman/data/aliases (status: 1, Operation not permitted). Which certainly
is a permissions problem, because running postalias directly as the user mailman
updates aliases.db without problems. And, btw, the new list appears correctly in
the aliases file.

But I don't understand at which end this is wrong. Was the cgi-gid set wrong? Or
do I need to change the ownership of the aliases files? check-perms renders no
errors. Do I need to tell mailman/create.py to run postaliases as user mailman, and
if so, how do I do that?

Thanks!
Friedrich