[Mailman-Users] Can't admin pending messages

Marc Perkel marc at perkel.com
Wed Jan 29 22:19:03 CET 2003

Richard Barrett wrote:

> At 19:44 29/01/2003, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> I think it was working and quit. I upgraded to Mailman 2.1 and I
>> can't admin pending messages. It shows the pending messages with the
>> choices - but if I select to approve, reject, or discard - nothing
>> happens after I click submit. The same messages are still there and
>> still pending.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>

> Anything showing in Mailman error (or other) logs?
>
> Are your ermissions OK. Did you run $bin/check_perms -f after upgrading?

Yep - reran check_perms and everything fine. Everything is in the right
group - has the right permissions. Even rebooted the server. Nothing
showing in the logs. And - I'm pretty sure it was working right after
the upgrade and it quit for some reason. I have a second server with a
nearly identical install and it works. I even changed the permissions on
the hold files to 777 and no difference. If I manually delete the files
it does make them go away.

I'm stumped.