[Mailman-Users] [Mailman 2.1] Is it possible to pre-approve a message?

Marc Haber mh+mailman-users at zugschlus.de
Wed Jan 29 13:46:24 CET 2003

Hi,

we have a mailing list of customers that we use to send out
announcements about service problems, bad lines and general
information. Nobody should be able to send e-mail to that list except
the people allowed to do so. Since e-mail senders are easily forged,
we have currently set all list members to moderated (including the
people allowed to send to the list, who are also moderators).

When a message goes out to the list, the author sends it, gets back
the approval request and approves her own message. People have started
to complain that this is uncomfortable. Before we switched to Mailman
(2.1, if that matters), that list was managed with a patched majordomo
that would only forward a message to this list if the correct password
was found in the message's first line (which was then removed from the
message before actually sending it out to the list).

Is there a possibility to allow Mailman 2.1 to immedately forward a
message from a moderator to the list if and only if the correct
moderator password is given in the message? If the message doesn't
have an "Approved: <listpassword>" header or first line, it should be
held for moderation just as any other message coming in to the list
address.

Any hints will be appreciated.

Greetings
Marc