[Mailman-Users] Stupid question

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Jan 28 21:42:22 CET 2003

If Mailman is installed and everything is working, then you create a new
list (you can do this from the web-interface in version 2.1).
  log directly into your server and type:
   ~mailman/bin/newlist <listname>

  This will print out a list of "aliases" that need to be
  copied into the /etc/aliases file on your system. After
  you have copied those into your /etc/aliases file, run:
    newaliases

Now you have created a list.  To add someone to the new list, you login
via the web-admin and add email addresses to the list.

To send an email to this list, use the list name you created as the
email address (the domain will be the host name of the server running
Mailman:  <list name>@myserver.mydomain.com

Take care - Jon Carnes