[Mailman-Users] Error: Unsupported map type: db

friedrich28 at gmx.de friedrich28 at gmx.de
Sun Jan 26 23:59:40 CET 2003

Hello there,

I have a problem that seems similar to the one described in http://www.mail-
archive.com/mailman-users at python.org/msg10128.html

My setup: Mac OS X 10.2.3, postfix installed via fink and the latest mailman 2.1
release.

Executing the commands newlist, list_lists or rmlist gives me the error you can see
below. But lists that I created seem to exist in spite of this error. I have tried everything
in README.POSTFIX plus changing file perms on /data/aliases. None of it helped.

Can anyone tell me what "unsupported map type: db" could mean?

Error messages are:

[ifs-server-hs:~/bin] mailman% rmlist listadmins
Not removing archives.  Reinvoke with -a to remove them.
postalias: fatal: unsupported map type: db
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "rmlist", line 138, in ?
    main()
  File "rmlist", line 113, in main
    sys.modules[modname].remove(mlist)
  File "/Users/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py", line 290, in remove
    _update_maps()
  File "/Users/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py", line 47, in _update_maps
    raise RuntimeError, msg % (acmd, status, errstr)
RuntimeError: command failed: /sw/sbin/postalias /Users/mailman/data/aliases (status:
1, Operation not permitted)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Friedrich