[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1: ImportError: No module named pythonlib.StringIO

bob at jriver.com bob at jriver.com
Sun Jan 26 00:21:12 CET 2003

Thanks Jon, it doesn't look like that is the problem though.
I reinstalled with

./configure  --with-python=/usr/bin/python --with-mail-gid=510 --with-cgi-gid=16 --prefix=/home/mailman

and it has the same error. I'm using qmail btw an some virtual domains
though this mailman is in the default place.

The other mailman I have running in a different place for a different
domain (v 2.0.13) is still running fine even with the new python.

When I rpm -Uvh to the new python it replaced the 1.5 version...

root at kunk ppc]# /usr/bin/python -V
Python 2.2.2

There is no other python executable on the machine...

mailman at kunk mailman-2.1]$ rpm -qa | grep python
rpm-python-4.0.3-1.03b
libxslt-python-1.0.15-1
python-devel-2.2.2-7
python-docs-2.2.2-7
python-tools-2.2.2-7
python-xmlrpc-1.5.1-7.x.3
libxml2-python-2.4.19-1
python-2.2.2-7

Thanks,
Bob

User Jon Carnes says:

--
/~\ The ASCII            | Robert E. Brose II         | J. River, Inc.
\ / Ribbon Campaign      | http://www.jriver.com/~bob | 125 North First St