[Mailman-Users] Mailman

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 25 23:07:53 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terry McClaugherty"
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 10:57 PM
Subject: [Mailman-Users] Mailman

> Hi, is it possible to set Mailman up so if a user just sends an email
> with the word subscribe in the subject then they would be subscribed to
> the list?

Yes there are work-arounds that let you do this.  Yes, it is a very bad idea
to setup a list this way - as I'm sure you will eventually find out.

> Also, in my from name it said listname-admin at domain.com on behalf of
> Myname [myemail at ahugedeal.com]
>
> Is it possible so it just comes from listname-admin at domain.com without
> the "behalf" part?

Very simple.  What are you using as your mail client?  Just about any mail
client these days will allow you to adjust who your mail is "from".  I can
click on the From field of this email right now and assume any one of 8
different identies (including nospam at nospam.com)