[Mailman-Users] Two questions: external headers and moderation

Fernando Schapachnik fernando at schapachnik.com.ar
Sat Jan 25 15:18:24 CET 2003

Hi,
	First of all forgive if this message is inappropiate for the
charter (too technical). Is my first post, and I haven't found the
answers in the archive.

	To the point:

a) I have a 'sponsored' list and need to include some random footers
in the posts. Is there a way to include external commands' output
there?

b) Some of my moderated lists have quite a lot of traffic, but most
of the posts turn out to be Ok. I though email based moderation would
ease things on the moderator. It turns out that the confirm/deny
message comes as a MIME attachment and his MUA (Kmail, BTW) treats it
as 'read-only', so he can't reply to it. To make things worst, Kmail
wouldn't allow him to cut&paste the Subject line of the attachment
also... :( I know it is a MUA's bug, but I'm trying to find a
workaround to it. Is there some way to have this info in the message
body or something?

Also, I was expecting to have some approve/deny mechanism that
wouldn't involve sending the password in clear text. Is this planned
for some future release?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Fernando P. Schapachnik
fernando at schapachnik.com.ar