[Mailman-Users] ValueError: math domain error on crontab jobs

Mark Cooke gen-lists at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 20 22:57:03 CET 2003

Danny Terweij wrote:

> Set your box a real domain name?
> Create a file : /etc/HOSTNAME
> And put there FDQN from box :)
>
> Maybe then it works right. But i could be wrong.....

Thats what I was thinking, as this is a private internal tesing network,
it has a madeup domainname, but local DNS resolves this correctly.

The problem may be down to the two settings I had in mm_cfg.py.

When I first set it up, I put the required information as specified, ie
I set the hostname, but rather than sending mails from

angelnet-announce-request at angelnet.int

I was getting them from:

angelnet-announce-request at eir.angelnet.int

hence my options below:

DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = 'angelnet.int'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mailman.angelnet.int'
DEFAULT_URL       = 'http://%s/mailman/' % DEFAULT_URL_HOST
MAILMAN_OWNER     = 'mailman-owner@%s' % DEFAULT_HOST_NAME

my /etc/hosts is listed as below:

127.0.0.1  eir.angelnet.int mailman mail localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.1.2 eir.angelnet.int eir

FQDN: eir.angelnet.int

Sorry is the above is incorect, but that was the only way I could
resolve the problem.
All mail on my domain , can be sent to someone at angelnet.int and it gets
sorted correctly (by the mx address of the domain), but mailman seems to
want to put the fqdn is there instead.

Mark