[Mailman-Users] Re: Re: Cleaning my mailing lists

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Mon Jan 20 20:17:09 CET 2003

"Dan Wilder" <dan at ssc.com> wrote in message
news:20030120102827.A27822 at ssc.com...
> > Simply sending the monthly password reminder should be sufficient.
> Which confirms that the recipient email address exists.  It does
> not confirm that each subscriber wanted to be on your list.

The password reminder informs someone how they can unsubscribe ... so what
difference does it make?  If they don't want to be on the list anymore, they
should just unsubscribe.

As long as the list policy is 'confirm' on subscribe, you know they wanted
to be subscribed in the first place.

JMHO, of course.

david