[Mailman-Users] how to access mailman in web browser

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 20 15:52:39 CET 2003

Wow.  I'll try to answer your question using the same level of specifics
with which it was asked: Read the documentation.

Now, to dive in a bit further... I guessing that "Linux 8" is Red Hat
8.0 (though it could be Mandrake - any other distro's in the 8 range
currently?).  If it is Red Hat then it was probably installed via RPM.

If that is the case then you will need to do a lot to your system before
Mailman is actually running. Start by typing in:
  rpm -qa |grep mailman

This will spit out the exact name of the rpm that was used to install
Mailman.  This will help you out with the next very important step...

Since I do not want to re-type it all, I'll simply quote Jeremy Portzer
from the archives (which you should feel free to search):

  To find out information about an RPM's maker, etc., run
  "rpm -qip filename.rpm" .  If you run that command on the
  Red Hat Linux mailman-2.0.13-1.i386.rpm, you'll see a
  bunch of EXTREMELY important setup notes -- things you
  must do after installing the RPM.  Follow those
  instructions!  Don't complain if you don't follow them
  and stuff doesn't work!  *grin*

Good Luck!