[Mailman-Users] Hiding email addresses in archives

tspeight at rockygorge.com tspeight at rockygorge.com
Sun Jan 19 22:51:30 CET 2003

Moz,

I remember a domain called listquest.com that archived messages from other
lists that used a program that they said was in the public domain that
converted all email addresses in each message to a gif, thereby rendering
the email addresses useless when you tried to harvest the emails in the
archive..

Maybe someone know where this program is available...

Thomas

<<I'd like to hide or obfuscate email addresses in the list archives, but
can't see an obvious way to do this. Right now we seem to be a target for
address-harvesting, and it bothers our users. But we'd like to leave the
archives public. Is there something I can do to mailman to get this
behaviour? Thanks Moz>>