[Mailman-Users] user feedback on plain digests

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Sun Jan 19 02:35:29 CET 2003

Hi, Barry.

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     BF> When I get a chance later today I'll be trying the patch Tokio
>     BF> Kikuchi sent to mailman-developers - hopefully it will resolve
>     BF> the excess headers issue.
>
> I'm off the net at the moment so I can't look at the patch, but I can
> guess what it does.  If I'm right <wink> will it bother folks that
> reducing the number of headers in the plain text digest will also
> reduce the number of headers in the MIME digest?

No. I didn't touch the MIME part of the digester. Only plain text
headers are reduced (and cofigurable in mm_cfg.py).

> One of my goals for the digester was that either digest could be burst
> and the individual messages would look exactly as if they had arrived
> independently.  Or at least, they'd be useable to do follow ups back
> to the list.  Maybe that's unreasonable for plain text digests.  If
> so, the current code may need a more invasive surgery.

After I submitted the patch, I had a chance to review Scrubber.py.
I think I have re-invented a scrubber with less capablity.
Maybe we should use the Scrubber.py for plain text digests.

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/