[Mailman-Users] Postfix / ldap / mailman (user unknown in local)

Bryan Ragon bragon at zapeng.com
Sat Jan 18 00:00:35 CET 2003

To answer my question, the directions I had for my virtual domain setup told
me to put the following line in master.cf:
#local_recipient_maps = $alias_maps unix:passwd.byname $virtual_mailbox_maps

Doing various searches online and in documentation, I ran across something
that said to change it to:
local_recipient_maps =

Which makes sense.  The errors I was receiving were about the local user.  I
left it like this and tested sending emails to a valid user, a valid mailing
list, an invalid user, and an invalid mailing list.  Everything appears to
be working or bouncing back correctly.  Does anyone know of any side effects
that I haven't thought of by changing this?

Thanks,
Bryan