[Mailman-Users] mailinglists for multiple domains on one server

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Thu Jan 16 17:51:11 CET 2003

Eating (a very small piece of) humble pie....

After I sent my reply, I did find the notes in bin/newlist telling how to
specify the domain as part of the list name (i.e. list at dom.ain). However, the
create cgi will not permit including the @dom.ain in the list name and
therefore defaults to the default domain (which mailman appears to allow
only to be the domain listed in the PTR dns record for the IP address of the
machine).

--Richard

On 16 Jan 2003 at 8:41, Raquel Rice wrote:

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:24:31 -0700
"Richard B. Pyne" <rpyne at kinfolk.org> wrote:

> On 15 Jan 2003 at 20:41, Raquel Rice wrote:
>
> On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:07:03 -0700
> "Richard B. Pyne" <rpyne at kinfolk.org> wrote:
>
> > Yes, except it does not have the ability to set the domain at or
> > before the time of list creation. If you want to do it in a true
> > virtual hosting manner, you need to send the listowner
> > notification email to yourself when you create the list. You can
> > then log in to the admin interface, set the domain, and then
> > edit and forward the listowner notification email.
> >
> > --Richard
>
> Perhaps you should upgrade to 2.1?
>
> --
> Raquel
>
> I am using 2.1... I still have not found a way to set the list's
> preferred domain until after the list is created.
>
> Please, show me where in the newlist script or the create cgi you
> can set the domain for the list!
>
> --Richard

Have you read the comments in Defaults.py for using
"add_virtualhost()" in mm_cfg.py?  The domain is set when the list
is created using "newlist" and the proper email is sent to the
listowner address specified in "newlist".

--
Raquel