[Mailman-Users] DEFAULT_URL_HOST problem

Richard Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Wed Jan 15 20:43:54 CET 2003

I am tyring to install and configure mailman 2.1 on a machine and am
running into a problem. It appears that the only value it will accept
for the DEFAULT_URL_HOST is the generic one listed the ISPs reverse
DNS.

If I try to configure the DEFAULT_URL_HOST as one of the virtual names
for the machine, I get an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/newlist", line 74, in ?
    from Mailman import mm_cfg
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py", line 45, in ?
    DEFAULT_URL_HOST=lists.kinfolk.org
NameError: name 'lists' is not defined

I have these three lines added to my mm_cfg.py file:

DEFAULT_URL_HOST=lists.kinfolk.org
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST=mail2.kinfolk.org

I have been running Mailman-2.0 on another machine with a similar
configuration for some time without any problems.

Did I miss something in the documentaion??

--Richard

--
Richard B. Pyne
rpyne at kinfolk.org