[Mailman-Users] Authentication question (newbie?)

Chris De Young chd at chud.net
Wed Jan 15 19:54:56 CET 2003

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, though I didn't
find anything about it in the archives or FAQ...

I've recently upgraded to mailman 2.1 on a redhat 8.0 system, and
since the upgrade list administrators are seeing a problem where they
go to the administration web page (the password is accepted), make
changes, and then upon clicking "submit changes" they are immediately
kicked back out to the authentication page and re-prompted for the
password.

After entering it they get back to the administrative page
successfully, but none of their changes have been made.

I have ensured that the browser is configured to accept all cookies.
(The version I'm using which does have this problem is netscape
communicator 4.79/Solaris, BTW).

I believe python is version 2.2; it's what comes out of the box for
redhat 8.0.

Help?  Where to look?

Thanks much!
-Chris