[Mailman-Users] trying to disable web interface...

John_Minkle at huntalternatives.org John_Minkle at huntalternatives.org
Wed Jan 15 16:23:36 CET 2003

I was in the process of removing references to the web interface from
mailman/scripts and mailman/Mailman

Suddenly I ended up with this message being sent every minute

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 83, in ?
    from Mailman import mm_cfg
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py", line 68
    DEFAULT_MSG_FOOTER =
"""_______________________________________________
 ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

So, trying to be smart I removed the line. Now I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 84, in ?
    from Mailman import Utils
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 45, in ?
    from Mailman import Crypt
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Crypt.py", line 19, in ?
    if mm_cfg.USE_CRYPT:
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'USE_CRYPT'

Any help would be apreciated.

-John