[Mailman-Users] Default Mail host name

Greg Westin greg at gregwestin.com
Mon Jan 13 20:22:28 CET 2003

I'm just setting up my mail server and Mailman 2.1, and noticed that the
configure script can't find my proper mail host name.  When I ran the
script earlier, it came up with my username, which for some reason was the
hostname my computer was defaulting to.  I changed the hostname in
/etc/hostconfig, and used both the 'hostname' and 'domainname' commands to
specify gregwestin.com as my host name, and now when I run the configure
script I get a default mail host name and default URL host component
assigned by my service provider.

I'm running OS X and using Mailman 2.1 with Postfix.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg

---